Why Train with Spirit of Yoga?
The course is designed to provide students with:
- the knowledge that will enable you to teach Level 1 asana classes confidently and competently
- awareness of safe practice for both teacher and student through modification and sequencing of asanas to suit an individual’s body
- self-confidence and belief in your ability to communicate and demonstrate
- step by step guidance in designing a 6-week beginner’s course that you can immediately apply in your teaching
- a thorough grounding in the history and philosophy of yoga
- insightful awareness of your own practice: both an acceptance of its limits and the tools to evolve
- an experiential foundation of yoga philosophy and how to integrate this into your life
- thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology and its application in the practise of asana
- practical advice on how to set up your own yoga business from people who already have
- an awareness of the issues that can arise for you as a teacher
- a professional and ethical framework from which to practice
- small groups so that we are able to give you plenty of individual attention, and help you to realise your own unique gifts and skills
Teaching methods include: lectures, experiential classes, small and large group work, practice teaching time, exercises for learning and discovery, lectures and review of homework.
Asana sessions are taught by Maggie, occasionally assisted by other qualified teachers.
The course content covers the following general areas:
- evolution of your own practice and focus on understanding of what’s happening in your body/mind as your foundation to teach
- de-construction and analysis of key poses, their core alignment points and how to teach them
- common postural problems, modifications, safe practice and preventing injury
- how to make sensitive adjustments
- essential pranayama, breath awareness and restorative yoga
- practical anatomy & physiology, including conditions you may encounter when you teach
- different approaches to meditation, personal and experiential teaching practice
- the history of yoga
- study of key texts including the yoga sutras of patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita
- teaching skills including class planning and sequencing
- common issues arising out of a teaching practice such as covering classes, teaching one to one and groups
- essentials of setting up your own yoga business
- ethical practice
The 200-level training is open to students of all ages and abilities. You must have an established personal practice. Maggie will speak with each student individually to access his/her suitability for the training programme.
Venue: Spirit of Yoga Ashram Spain
2019 Costs: €2,000 residential; €1,600 non-residential
Course Dates & Registration
There are three YTTC options to choose from at the 200 hrs level:
1) YTTC 200hrs twenty four days intensive in Malaga, SPAIN.
28th April – 20th May 2019
29th August – 20th September 2019
2) Two twelve day modules.
3) One six day module and one 18 day module.
SPAIN 200hrs YTTC 24days intensives, include all tuition, books, certificate and accommodation (not meals).
Please visit our Upcoming Trainings page for more information.