YOGA ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL certified YOGA THERAPY module (100hrs)
Spirit of Yoga specialises in Yoga Therapy. The training provides a balanced mix of theory and practical work, with an emphasis on teaching from a holistic perspective. Students will gain an understanding of how to tailor a practice to an individual to address specific needs rather than rely on formulated practices. The course offers a comprehensive and in-depth perspective of yoga therapy with a flexible approach that gives support for individual learning styles.
Yoga Therapy Core Curriculum
The core tuition will include:
- what yoga philosophy can tell us about health, healing and the relief of suffering
- less widely known practices particularly suitable for use in yoga therapy, including yoga nidra, restorative yoga, pawanmuktasana
- how to use asana, pranayama and meditation practices in yoga therapy
- building the therapeutic relationship: communication and listening skills
- case history taking and client assessment
- the body as an energetic system and its impact on internal disorders
- common medical conditions
- pain and its management, psychological issues around pain, and dealing with grief and trauma
- yoga therapy for mental health
- yoga approaches to structural therapy
- practical training in working with clients
Yoga Therapy is the therapeutic application of yoga and its related subjects to help heal, restore and nourish the body, mind and soul.
Yoga Therapy is more than just a yoga class; it is a holistic approach to healing through the use of asanas, pranayamas, mudras, lifestyle changes, diet, positive thinking, meditation, mantras and relaxation.
Yoga Therapy incorporates an in-depth consultation to plan the best classes for you.
An Ayurveda module is available on the courses in Rishikesh, India. Ayurveda is the oldest and most complete system of natural healing in the world and is a “sister” science of Yoga, both coming from the ancient Vedic tradition of India. Ayurveda forms a perfect complement to a Yoga Teachers program. Both Yoga and Ayurveda are ancient sciences and we teach in accordance with the classical texts.
What students have to say about the Yoga Therapy module:
“The course was thorough, well organised and inspiring. For me it was particularly important to embed my learning by being in India……and i was not disappointed! It has given me a depth of understanding of yoga I could not possibly have gained elsewhere. The meeting with my Ayurvedic teacher in his amazing treetop surroundings was wonderful. In India i saw yogic values brought to life. I feel exceptionally blessed to have had Maggie as my guide throughout the first two levels of my yoga journey……..the courses with Spirit of Yoga have really helped prepare me for teaching yoga” – Jean Cuthbert, Edinburgh
Ideally students will have:
- 200-Hour yoga teacher certification from a credible source.
- Minimum of one year of teaching experience or equivalent.
- Current teaching experience
However, applications will be assessed on an individual basis so if you don’t match all of the criteria please get in touch for an interview.
Venue: Spirit of Yoga Ashram Spain
2017/18 Costs: €1,400 residential (meals not included).
Dates: 2nd – 15th October 2018.
NEW! YOGA Therapy Module studied over six months, two days per month.
Starting Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
Venue as above.
Cost 1,200euros non-residential.
Venue: Rishikesh, India
2017/18 Costs: €1,400 residential (meals not included)
Dates: 16th – 30th November 2018
Upcoming Dates and Details
For more information on 2017/18 dates please visit our Upcoming Trainings page.